Surely sometimes you have found that you do not know or you are struggling to find an effective strategy to increase the visibility of your business on the Internet. You may also find that you are no longer appearing in the first Google search results, if so, you are probably losing traffic and potential customers. Therefore, you absolutely need to improve the SEO of your website. Here we will explain how you can do it.
First of all, if you are not very familiar with the term of SEO, here is a short definition; SEO, which stands for Search Engine Optimisation, is the process of optimising your website to improve its visibility in organic search results. The goal of SEO is that the website appears in the first search results with the relevant keywords of your business.
Some strategies or tips to improve SEO
Here we will explain some strategies or tips that are essential to improve the SEO of your website;
- Keyword research: Before starting any SEO strategy, it is important to perform an exhaustive research of relevant keywords. Use tools such as Google Keyword Planner to identify keywords with high search volume.
- Keywords in the right place: Once you have researched the keywords, you have to know where to put them, they cannot go anywhere. They have to be in the title, in the main descriptions, in the header and URL, and then in the content, in order to improve organic traffic.
- Optimised titles and descriptions: It seems obvious, but many times one forgets that titles are fundamental, as they are the first thing that is seen. Therefore, titles and descriptions have to be clear, concise and relevant to the website.
- Relevant content: You have to create attractive, with good quality content for your users. Above all, it must be easy to read and always be updated. By this way, you will also improve your organic traffic.
- Headings (H1, H2, H3): They are very important for the legibility of the content, but they have to be used correctly to structure the content and, by this way, help with search engine optimisation, in order to make it understand about what is your content about.
- Optimise the images: Each image must have its title, caption and tags that include the keywords. Moreover, it serves for organic traffic.
- Alternative text in images: Apart from improving the accessibility of your website for people with disabilities, you will be guaranteeing the first places in search engines.
- External and internal links: Use a link structure to help you to rank in search engines.
- Quality backlinks: Backlinks have to be reliable, because they are a key factor for SEO, and serve to increase traffic. If you have the opportunity, contact websites of your sector that want to be linked with you.
- Website speed: Make sure that your website loads quickly, as this is one of the most important factors in SEO. For example, if you have a website with a Hosting like ours, Smart Hosting +, which optimises the website to make it faster, you will have one less factor to worry about.
- Optimise social media: Nowadays social media is the order of the day, and it plays an important role in SEO. Post optimised, clear, coherent and relevant content for your audience, this will help you in search engine rankings.
- Dynamic content: The leader of visual content is the video. Don't get stuck with static content no matter how beautiful it is, videos rank very well by themselves, in addition, they generate more branding and confidence.
- Device compatibility: It is crucial that your website is responsive. So, make sure that your website has a good usability on both desktop and mobile devices.
Can the Hosting plan affect SEO?
Although at first impression it seems that the Hosting plan does not matter, in fact there are certain factors that can affect SEO and have to be taken into account when hiring a Hosting plan, for example;
- Page speed: This is a big ranking factor for Google search engines. If you choose a Hosting with wide bandwidth the website will be very fast. If you have a very big website, shared Hosting with limited bandwidth will affect negatively on the website, because it will be slower, no matter if you have news, blogs, videos, etc. It all depends on what kind of website you are going to have and the resources you need. For example, with our Smart Hosting + we assure you that the website will go like a rocket, no matter if you have made it by yourself, WordPress, PrestaShop, etc.
- The Hosting plan has to do the basics and what is necessary for the website, so you won't have big problems neither with the Hosting nor with the SEO.
- It can affect the location of the Hosting, because if you want to open a business in Germany it is better to choose a Hosting from there. Also, it depends on what you want to do, because it will be legal in one country and not in another. Therefore, if you want to appear first in the search engines of a particular country, be careful what kind of business or content you do.
- Uptime, when choosing a Hosting you have to look for a company with a lot of experience and which knows how to manage downtime as quickly as possible, as this affects the SEO. Also, if the company has a lot of experience, it already knows and/or has infrastructures that help to avoid many problems, so you will avoid possible headaches. At SW Hosting we have more than 20 years of experience and we have our own infrastructures that help to manage, and directly avoid, these downtimes.
- Backups themselves do not directly affect SEO, but it helps a lot if one day something goes wrong, in order to be able to recover all the information without affecting the SEO.
- The SSL certificate serves not only to keep the website secure, but is also an important ranking factor for SEO. So, you have to check if SSL is available in your Hosting plan. For example, we offer you a free SSL certificate on all Hosting plans, even the free one.
- Being able to grow and scale is very crucial, because as your website grows your needs will change. So, the Hosting plan should allow you to scale it in a few clicks, in order to not affect negatively the SEO.
Keep in mind that SEO is an ongoing process and requires effort and dedication. With these tips, you can improve your website's SEO and attract more organic traffic. Work on creating quality content, technical optimisation, building domain authority and obtaining quality links to improve your website's SEO.
We hope you find these tips very useful, and that you can take advantage of them. Also, if you have more questions about how to improve your SEO, don't hesitate to write to us, we will read and answer it.
#SEO #MejorarSEO #MillorarSEO #ImproveSEO #OptimizaciónParaMotoresDeDúsqueda #OptimitzacióPerAMotorsDeCerca #SearchEngineOptimisation #PalabrasClave #ParaulesClau #Keywords #ContenidoDeCalidad #ContingutDeQualitat #QualityContent #EnlacesDeCalidad #EnllaçosDeQualitat #QualityLinks #Backlinks #Hosting #Google #TráficoOrgánico #TràficOrgànic #OrganicTraffic #Web #Website #Velocidad #Velocitat #Speed