Our log custody service archives and classifies for you all your Mail, Web and FTP logs, allowing you to retrieve them at any time.
Download your disk space server: our automatic system transfers your server logs to your own virtual log file without worrying about anything.
By activating log custody, we will create an FTP account for you to have access to this private storage of your logs and you could check it whenever you want.
We just need you to tell us what password you want to use in this FTP account.
The steps you need to follow to activate the custody of logs of your Cloud server are the following:
1. Access in your SWPanel account and in the service search window locate the server on which you want to activate the logs custody service.
2. Once located in the Dashboard of your server you must place yourself in the block of available improvements and activate the improvement of Custody of Logs
3. You must accept the activation of the custody of Logs by checking the checkbox "Activate Custody of Logs in my Cloud"
4. To access to the logs stored in our centralized server, the system will create you an FTP account (You will see the connection data in the text block on the right), you will only have to choose the password for this FTP account.
5. Next you will have to accept the hiring of the service, by clicking on the "Activate now" button
6. Once you have activated the custody of your Cloud server logs, you can configure it to only store logs of the last month internally, since the log custody service will be responsible for saving those of the last 365 days. This will reduce the disk space of your Cloud server occupied by the logs.
To access to your guarded logs you must use an FTP client with the access data and credentials that you have indicated in point 4. Once connected to the directory through your FTP client you can see different files compressed in tar.gz format and differentiated by the name, corresponding to the date of creation of each file.
Once the file corresponding to the date on which you wish to retrieve the logs has been downloaded, you can unzip it and access the directories corresponding to the Mail, Web and FTP logs generated by the server on the indicated date.